Help ensure your new clinician’s progress using your healthcare system’s specific EHR by cutting time-consuming resource heavy training, increasing effectiveness and efficiency through interactive training, and encouraging employee engagement and boosting knowledge retention all through Real-Time Learning Solutions’ customizable program. As your healthcare system continues to grow in the challenging medical landscape, RTL will be there to fulfill your staff’s training needs.
RTL employs a flexible modular approach — using tutorials, case studies, workflows, and more –to build custom courses that fulfill your organization’s particular training needs and business objectives. Our instructional team can help you clarify your performance and technical challenges and develop an effective online or blended learning strategy to meet those challenges. Our instructional and multimedia teams develop engaging, experiential interactions that greatly increase retention of skills and knowledge.
Assessments & LMS Integration
In addition to courses, our teams design and implement assessments to measure and document training activities. Assessments can be stand-alone, embedded in e-learning courses, or coordinated with the delivery of classroom courses.
Our technology team ensures that the deployment of your learning solution goes smoothly within the Learning Management System (LMS) of your choice. Our customized e-learning courses and assessments can be tracked within any LMS that is compliant with SCORM 1.2. If you do not have an in-house LMS, RTL can provide one for you, using our proprietary SCORM-compliant LMS.
Once your employees are back on the job, we can provide a variety of convenient tools to assist and support them, such as job aids and electronic performance support systems (EPSS). These can be deployed to desktops, laptops, and mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones.
To help reduce the time commitment and “respect” the existing knowledge of each Provider and Nurse RTL will work together to implement “Prescriptive Learning” Solutions to support your EMR Conversion. We will provide a solution and platform that assesses users and identifies personal learning paths to reduce training time and increase retention.
Prescriptive Learning is learning that is tailored to the specific needs of individual learners. It consists of three parts:
- Diagnostic Assessments, which determine the appropriate learning for learners by measuring their competency level for a given set of learning objectives.
- Prescribed Learning Tracks, which are assigned based on the results of the diagnostic assessments. Learning tracks can consist of self-study materials, interactive e-learning, classroom training, and mentoring or shadowing all based on performance in the Diagnostic Assessments.
- Platform to deliver and track all results to ensure consistency and retention.
RTL will provide the following benefits from this approach:
- It results in better learning, because it taps into a learner’s existing knowledge, focuses their attention on learning gaps and deficiencies, and greatly reduces the “cognitive load” that can over-saturate a learner.
- It motivates learners, by showing them what they truly know –and don’t know — creating a desire to close any learning gaps.
- It respects the learner and their existing knowledge, and thus leads learners to respect the need for training.
- It saves time and money. It reduces training costs and spares learners from spending unnecessary hours in training. For large organizations this can total thousands of hours in reduced training time.